The INSTEON Wireless Open/Close Sensor is a magnetic contact sensor that wirelessly controls lights and appliances throughout your house via RF technology. The sensor can turn on lights, set the thermostat, or trigger a custom event in HouseLinc.
You can program any INSTEON device (available separately) to react when the magnetic contact is broken and re-established on the sensor. You can optionally connect an external contact closure sensor of any type (e.g., hidden contacts or doorbell button; not included).
The sensor works on a single AA battery (included). It stores all of its settings, such as links to other INSTEON devices, on a non-volatile memory, so they will not be lost when the battery is removed.
Note: Features related to HouseLinc software are only available if you have the software installed (available separately).
Wireless Open/Close Sensor
- Automatically control lights and appliances when doors open and close
- You can wire standard security sensors to the open/close sensor to monitor several doors and windows
- A single open/close sensor can be used to monitor several doors/windows, several different types of sensors, or external sensors in addition to its internal reed switch
- Installs and links to other INSTEON devices easily
- Operates via radio frequency (RF) to eliminate unsightly and inconvenient wiring 1
- Battery-operated for easy installation (1 AA battery included)
- Can be paired with the INSTEON Hub (available separately) to control it remotely from any smartphone or tablet
- Operates up to 150' from nearest access point or RF INSTEON device (available separately)
- Indicates INSTEON setup mode activity and operational states with a status LED
- Stores setup state in memory so settings aren't lost when the battery is removed
- Useful for doors, windows, drawers, cabinets, or anything else that opens
- White colored case
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.