The white INSTEON Hidden Door Sensor is designed to discreetly mount in door frames. Once integrated into your INSTEON home automation network, this device can wirelessly detect the opening and closing of doors and select window types. Using RF technology, this sensor can communicate with your other INSTEON connected devices up to 150' feet away. The INSTEON Hidden Door Sensor is conveniently powered by a single AAA battery.
- Slightly Invisible
- Instead of mounting to the surface of your door, the Hidden Door Sensor is installed inside the door frame or even the door itself. The result is a hidden sensor that stays out of the way, monitoring doors without being noticeable.
- Using a 3/4" drill bit, simply drill a hole into your door frame along the hinge-side of your door. After cleaning out the hole of any wood shavings, slide the Hidden Door Sensor in and secure it with the included screw. And in the event that there is a substantial gap between your door and the frame, a spacer is included to ensure that your sensor will activate every time your door is opened or closed.
- Additional Features
- Contact Plunger: Tested for 300,000 uses to help ensure long-term reliability
- Flush Collar: Includes retention screw and collar for securing to your door frame
- Metal Doors and Frames: The Hidden Door Sensor can accommodate metal doors and frames. If both the door and frame is metal, using INSTEON's standard Open/Close Sensor is recommended.
- Window Use: While the Hidden Door Sensor works best with doors, it is possible to install with casement windows. Because the sash of most windows will be too narrow for the Hidden Door Sensor, using the window frame exclusively is recommended. For Vinyl windows, using INSTEON's standard Open/Close Sensor is recommended.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.