INSTEON's 720p Wi-Fi PTZ Camera with Night Vision is an indoor Wi-Fi camera that enables you to check in on your home or business from the convenience of your Android and iOS smart device and Windows or Mac computer when it's integrated into the INSTEON hub system (sold separately). This camera connects to your home Wi-Fi network and does not require additional cabling except for its own power adapter. The camera's body is white so it easily blends into most white surfaces, such as walls and counter tops, and its 1/4" CMOS image sensor captures video at the 720p resolution at a rate of 30 fps, and offers adjustable frame rates based on resolution to maximize bandwidth and storage. Video is recorded in the H.264 and MJPEG codecs and can be stored to an onboard microSD card with a capacity up to 32GB. The camera also has a built-in microphone that can capture audio, as well as an audio output which can be used to connect an external audio device, such as soundbar or speaker.
If users do not own the INSTEON hub, they can opt to use this camera as a live-viewing tool by connecting it to a compatible monitor. However, using the camera in this way, as a separate unit from the INSTEON hub, will not give users the full benefits offered by INSTEON hub mobile app. Users can opt to download Foscam's mobile app to access some remote viewing capabilities without being connected to the INSTEON hub. Along with the Wi-Fi camera, an antenna, mounting hardware, Ethernet cable and power supply are also included.
- INSTEON Hub Free Mobile App
- Designed for INSTEON Hub; for full remote monitoring capabilities hub integration is required
- Users can view video remotely (with less features/function) using Foscam's mobile app
- Connects an Android/iOS smartphone or tablet to remotely access the Wi-Fi camera
- Receive text and email alerts with Hub app
- Remotely control PTZ functions
- Set username, password, adjust contrast, brightness, mirror, flip images, and more
- Add multiple devices, such as IP cameras, INSTEON light bulbs, wall switches, outlets and thermostats
- No monthly fees; cloud-based service stores your home configuration in the cloud that allows access from any number of smartphones and tablets you may own by simply downloading the app to the smart device of your choice.
- Works over Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, and EDGE
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.