The INSTEON Comfort Home Automation Kit is a prepackaged bundle that includes an INSTEON Hub, two Dimmer Modules and a Wired Thermostat. This kit works together, allowing you to wirelessly control the lighting and temperature in your home, even from remote locations. The included INSTEON Hub features Ethernet connectivity for interfacing with your home network. Once connected, you can download the free INSTEON control app for setting up and controlling your connected devices from a smartphone, tablet or computer. The app can be found in the Google Play, Apple, Amazon and Windows app stores. Mac OS X and Linux users can enjoy browser-based system control. In addition to the included items, the INSTEON Hub supports a variety of INSTEON home automation devices.
Each included Dimmer Module has a 2-prong interface for connecting a lamp for remote lighting control. Using the INSTEON user interface, you can control light output by selecting a specific percentage. For direct access, brightness and dimming buttons are also located directly on the modules. In addition to basic on and off control, you can even set lighting schedules and scenes.
The INSTEON Wired Thermostat works with the INSTEON control app for adjusting the thermostat. Using the app you can control the thermostat when you're away from your home. As an added convenience, you can set up a 7-day schedule, which means you don't have to interact with your system every day. Additionally, once the Comfort Kit is installed and configured, there are no monthly service fees or contract agreements required for operation.
This Bundle Includes
1. Home Automation Starter Kit (White)
Wirelessly control the lighting in your home with the INSTEON Home Automation Starter Kit. The included INSTEON Hub features Ethernet connectivity for interfacing with your home network. Once connected, you can download the free INSTEON control app for setting up and controlling your connected devices from a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The app can be found in the Google Play, Apple, Amazon, and Windows app stores. Mac OS X and Linux users can enjoy browser-based system control. In addition to the included Dimmer Modules, the INSTEON Hub supports a variety of INSTEON home automation devices including sensors, thermostats, and LED bulbs.
Each included Dimmer Module has a 2-prong interface for connecting a lamp for remote lighting control. Using the INSTEON user interface, you can control light output by selecting a specific percentage. Brightness and dimming buttons are also located directly on the module. In addition to basic on and off control, you can even set lighting schedules and scenes. Once your system is configured, there are no monthly service fees or contract agreements required for operation.
- Create Schedules
- With just a few taps, you can schedule your INSTEON devices to turn on and off at sunrise, sunset, or any time during the day.
- Dual Band
- Full dual-band support helps to ensure that your INSTEON commands are widely transmitted throughout your home.
- Control at Home or Away
- The Hub works in combination with your router and smartphone or tablet to control INSTEON devices in your home while you're there, or from a remote location. Instructions on how to set up remote access are included in the app, or you can call and have INSTEON support set it up for you.
- Instant Notification with Optional Sensors
- Create alerts by adding optional devices like water leak sensors, motion sensors, door/window sensors, and more. The INSTEON Hub will send text and email alerts to you as well as anyone else you wish. The Hub also stores the status of these sensors, so you can easily check on your sensors from within the app anytime.
- Cloud Storage
- The INSTEON Hub stores your home's configuration in the cloud, which allows you to access this information wherever Internet access is available. If you want to add another smartphone or tablet, you can download the app, sign in, and all your settings (devices, scenes, icons, timers, etc.) are there to enjoy.
- Wireless IP Camera Compatible
- Add an optional wireless camera and you can see what the camera sees from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. The INSTEON cameras feature pan/tilt control and night vision.
- Thermostat Compatible
- You can control the optional Nest Learning Thermostat alongside your INSTEON devices. You can turn up the heat in the winter and lower the temperature during the summer. Once you set up temperature zones for each scenario, you can toggle back and forth between zones without leaving the INSTEON app.
- Legacy Compatibility
- INSTEON devices take advantage of powerline signaling to remain compatible with legacy X10 devices and controllers. While the INSTEON Hub supports X10, it supports the basic control and scheduling of your X10 devices.
- Ready for International Use
- The INSTEON Hub and a wide-range of INSTEON modules are available for many parts of continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Bring Your Own Plug-In Lamp
- The INSTEON Dimmer Module lets you connect any plug-in lamp. If the lamp has a two-prong plug, the Dimmer Module will give you the power to control its lighting remotely.
- Custom On-Level
- A customizable On-Level lets you pick how bright your lamp is when you turn it on. Set the brightness to be anywhere from 1 to 100%.
- Programmable Ramp Rate
- Ramp Rates let you specify how quickly or slowly a lamp turns on, slowly brightening from off to on over the course of 0.1 seconds to 8 minutes.
- Complete Scene Support
- Control multiple lights from a single button with Scenes. Using the INSTEON Hub, you can set lighting conditions for specific events such as watching movies. Scenes let you fade lights in and out with preset On-Levels and Ramp Rates.
- Mini Remote Compatible
- Featuring a compact design, the optional Mini Remote allows you to control your Dimmer Module from anywhere in your home without using the INSTEON app on your smartphone or tablet.
2. Wired Thermostat
The INSTEON Wired Thermostat is designed for use with INSTEON control devices such as the Hub. The Hub is sold separately and works with the free INSTEON control app for adjusting the thermostat from devices likes smartphones and tablets. Using the app you can control the thermostat when you're away from your home. The app can be found in the Google Play, Apple, Amazon, and Windows app stores. As an added convenience, you can set up a 7-day schedule, which means you don't have to interact with your system every day.
- Supported Systems
- The INSTEON Wired Thermostat works with most heating and cooling systems found in homes and businesses. With the exception of heat pumps and sophisticated triple-stage systems, your home's heating and cooling system is likely compatible with the INSTEON Thermostat. This thermostat supports 24 VAC systems and can provide stage 1 and 2 heating and cooling, as well as forced air fan.
- With the INSTEON Wired Thermostat, you can connect up to two INSTEON Wireless Thermostats for remote temperature monitoring in your home. This gives the flexibility of controlling multiple temperature zones throughout your home or business.
- Optional Uses
- Add duct dampers to control the flow of conditioned air on a room-by-room basis with IO Linc
- Use sensors on doors and windows to prevent the AC from cooling external areas when a door or window is left open
- Integrate with line-voltage systems using Micro Modules and vintage milli-volt heaters with IO Linc
- Automatically circulate conditioned air when you run the AC or heater by spinning up ceiling fans used with the optional FanLinc
- These features require optional accessories that are sold separately. Please see the manufacturer's website for additional details.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
By placing an order on Foundry35.com you assume all legal liability for complying with your local, state, and federal laws. Federal law requires that you must be at least 18 years old to purchase rifle or shotgun ammunition and 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammunition.
No ammo shipping to: AK, CT, DC, HI, IL, MA, NY. In CA: LA, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Carson, Sunnyvale, or Berkeley.
In NJ: you must email FID + DL before ordering. No handgun ammo shipments to NJ.
For safety reasons, we cannot accept returns on ammunition.