The two-axis Tarot Brushless Gimbal uses cutting-edge gyroscope technology to ensure you get crisp, stable images from your 3DR drone. The T-2D automatically compensates for the slightest movement, enabling you to capture rock steady video even in windy weather. Designed to accommodate the GoPro HERO 3, the T-2D Brushless Gimbal you get from 3DR is customized: pre-wired, pre-calibrated and configured to work with your 3DR copter. The T-2D offers manual camera control from your controller's Tilt knob, but the model you get from 3DR is also specially configured to allow the autopilot to control the camera automatically, which is critical to using applications like 3PV Follow Me mode on IRIS+. This T-2D ships pre-assembled by 3DR, and includes the mounting plate and hardware for our 2014 Quad, Y6, and X8.
Tarot Brushless Gimbal Kit includes
- Mounting plate to mount the gimbal to 2014 Quad, Y6, and X8
- Tarot brushless gimbal with IRIS and IRIS+ mounting plateäóñ comes pre-assembled and pre-configured to work with your copter's RC for in-flight camera control
- IRIS and IRIS+ mounting hardware
- Support GoPro HERO3 video auxiliary output (cable sold separately)
- Supply voltage polarity protection and voltage compensation
- Motor drive end short-circuit protection
- Sensitivity parameter adjustment and software 3D pose show through PC connection
- Adjustable rocker rate mode and position mode
- Supported receiver type : conventional receiver, S-BUS receiver, DSM2/DSMJ/DSMX receiver
- Support for remote devices : PPM/PCM/2.4G
- Working voltage: DC 7.4V ~ 14.8V (Recommended 12V, three lithium battery)
- Working current: 200 mA-500 mA (power supply voltage and the motor related)
- Working environment temperature: -15 ? ~ 65 ?
- Processor: Dual 32-bit high-speed ARM core processor
- Sensor: Three axis MEMS gyroscope and MEMS accelerometers
- Maximum angular rate : 2000 degrees / sec
- Control frequency: 2000 Hz
- Motor drive frequency: 20 kHz (no noise smoothing driven)
- Control accuracy : 0.1 degrees (Pixel Grade)
- Control angle range : -45 degrees ~ 45 degrees (roll), -135 degrees ~ 90 degrees (tilt)
- Pose solver algorithms : PTZ dedicated brushless motor decoupled EKF algorithm
- Shooting equipment : GoPro HERO3
- Weight without camera : 200 g
Battery usage: The Tarot gimbal should be powered by a 2S or 3S LiPo battery only. If you plan to use 4S, please use a voltage regulator to ensure the voltage stays within safe operating limits. 3DR RTF Quad, Y6, and X8 include a voltage regular to allow use of 4S batteries with the Tarot gimbal.
Note: Tarot gimbal does not include the GoPro camera. The mounting plate is compatible with 2014 Quad, Y6, and X8 only and does not attach to 2013 copter models. Assembly required to connect to Quad, Y6, and X8: assembly requires 1.5 mm and 2 mm hex keys (not included). IRIS+ includes a set of tall legs to use with the Tarot Gimbal. Users with an original-edition IRIS will need to purchase a set of tall legs to use the gimbal.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.